2011年4月24日日曜日

20110424


Japan advisor says nuclear threat receding

The Japanese prime minister's special advisor on the nuclear crisis says the immediate risk of a major radiation leak from the Fukushima power plant has receded, the Wall Street Journal reported.The government could not say the situation had been completely stabilised at the plant, but after studying the possibility of severe deterioration Tokyo was comfortable with the current evacuation policy, Goshi Hosono told the paper in an interview Saturday.
"There is no way Tokyo or Kyoto will come into harm's way," said Hosono, Prime Minister Naoto Kan's special advisor on management of the nuclear crisis. (AFP)


Japan to launch massive search for quake bodies

Japan plans to send more than 20,000 soldiers into its northern disaster zone Monday in an intensive mission to recover the bodies of those killed in last month's earthquake and tsunami. More than 12,000 people are missing and presumed dead from the twin disasters that hit March 11. Some were likely swept out to sea, while others are buried under the mass of rubble. About 14,300 are confirmed dead. Defense Ministry spokesman Ippo Maeyama said Sunday that the military would send 24,800 soldiers to carry out a two-day search of the area. Police, coast guard and U.S. troops will also be involved. (AP)

China, S. Korea rebuff Japan on import restrictions after quake

China and South Korea rebuffed on Sunday Japan's calls for more "reasonable" restrictions on imports of food and other products that could be contaminated with radiation after last month's nuclear disaster, showing the difficulty Japan will face in restoring trust in its products. Trade ministers from China and South Korea also told their Japanese counterpart they hope Japan can quickly repair its supply chain, which was damaged after last month's earthquake and tsunami, as shortages of Japanese manufactured goods will impact the global economy. (Reuters)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿