Prosecutor transferred for releasing crime suspects after quake
The head of the Fukushima District Public Prosecutors Office has been transferred to a post at the Supreme Public Prosecutors Office effective Monday, the justice ministry said, in an apparent punitive move for releasing 31 crime suspects shortly after the March 11 earthquake and tsunami. "His act was not illegal but he failed to sufficiently consult with the local high prosecutors office, the supreme prosecutors office and police," a justice ministry official said. "Since the investigation on the matter is almost complete, we have decided on a personnel change." (Kyodo)
Baseball: Tokyo Dome begins hosting night games with reduced power supply
There had been speculation, following the events of March 11, it might not be possible to play professional baseball games at Tokyo Dome for the entire 2011 season, on account of the problems at the Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear power facility. Because it is an indoor stadium, lighting and other energy consuming power sources are needed for day and night games. A total of 12 Yomiuri Giants games scheduled between March 25 and April 24 were canceled or moved to other ballparks, and a Pacific League series, slated March 29-31 between the Nippon Ham Fighters and Orix Buffaloes, was also scrapped. (Japan Times)
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿